Sunday, March 27, 2011

I have endurance to raise �4,000

IT WILL be a major test of his strength and stamina.

But Graeme Wrightson is determined to raise more than �4,000 for Dove House Hospice by completing four endurance challenges.

He will run and hike over ten peaks in the Lake District, cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats, complete a 3.8Kkm open-water swim and climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa between July this year and August next year.

Graeme, 30, said: "About three years ago, I decided I was going to get fit because I was a bit overweight.

"I have become quite addicted to it.

"Now, to see how far I can push myself, I decided to do some big things.

"I thought while I was doing these crazy things, it might as well be for a good cause."

Graeme completed a 24-hour race in North Wales last summer and took on kayaking, swimming, running, biking and caving.

He is now running between 40 and 50 miles a week, which he hopes to increase to 100 before the Ten Peaks Challenge in July.

Graeme, a music lecturer at Hull College, said the hospice is close to the hearts of many people.

"My girlfriend's uncle passed away at the hospice," he said.

"I saw it from an outsider's point of view. It wasn't just the care they gave him, it was the support they gave to the family as well.

"The more you speak to people, the more stories you hear about the care they give and how supportive they are towards the families."

To sponsor Graeme, visit uk.virginmoneygiving .com/kilimanjarohike or e-mail graemescharity event@hotmail.co.uk



Source: http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32715/f/503342/s/139d221e/l/0L0Sthisishullandeastriding0O0Cnews0Cendurance0Eraise0E1630E40E0A0A0A0Carticle0E33720A430Edetail0Carticle0Bhtml/story01.htm

Financial sector Stan Collymore Clint Eastwood England rugby union team Student politics Panto season

No comments:

Post a Comment