Saturday, November 26, 2011

Devils denied game-tying goal due to Toronto review

The New Jersey Devils lost 3-2 to the New York Islanders today because Devils captain Zach Parise?s last-second, game-tying goal was waved off by the NHL?s ?situation room? in Toronto, overruling the on-the-ice awarding of the goal:



From the NHL?s ?situation room? blog:

At 19:59 of the third period in the Devils/Islanders game, video review used the overhead angle and the side camera to determine that Devils forward Zach Parise used his right skate to propel the puck into the net.  According to rule 49.2 ?A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who uses a distinct kicking motion to propel the puck into the net?. No Goal New Jersey.

Parise had this to say to the Bergen Record?s Tom Gulitti...

Parise on ruling: ?I just watched it, but I?m sorry because I can?t agree with it.?
...
Parise: ?I knew it hit off my skate. I knew it hit off my stick too, but if that?s a kicking motion, then I don?t know.?

And his coach backed the captain up:

DeBoer: ?I wouldn?t consider what I saw a distinct kicking motion, but I don?t get to make those decisions.?
...
DeBoer on Parise: ??He deserves one and sure it would have been a big boost, but this league doesn?t afford you the time to feel sorry for yourself.?

Source: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/devils_denied_game-tying_goal_due_to_toronto_review/

Francisco Cervelli Chad Moeller Jorge Posada Lance Berkman Reegie Corona Juan Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment