Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Houston Texans Mock Draft: Buying and Selling Matt Miller's Picks

Matt Miller has been crushing the draft preparation for the last few months, and by now his fingers are cramped, his eyes are glazed over, and he's desperately ready for break.

Before he gets to take a nap for the first time in 2012, he graces us with his final seven-round mock draft. Rather than be appreciative his exhaustive research and masterful execution, I'm going to pick it apart and look for flaws.

Up next is the Houston Texans. Do we buy or sell or Matt's picks?

 

Round 1

Matt's Pick: Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech

Nate's Vote: BUY

I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans take Coby Fleener, but Hill works. My choice for the Texans, Kendall Wright, is already off Miller's board.

 

Round 2

Matt's Pick: Josh Chapman DT, Alabama

Nate's Vote: SELL

Nate's Pick: Janoris Jenkins CB, North Alabama

Chapman is a huge injury risk and Jenkins is a huge character risk, so all things being equal, I'd pick the more talented player. I just don't like the idea of drafting a large man with a bad knee. Chapman is a great player and it's not a bad spot for him, but Miller has Jenkins still on the board in this scenario, so I'm going with him.

 

Round 3

Matt's Pick: Ron Brooks LSU, CB

Nate's Vote: SELL

Nate's pick: Zerbie Sanders OT, FSU

There's nothing wrong with Brooks, but I voted for Jenkins in Round 2 meaning the time is right to upgrade the tackle spot. With Eric Winston gone, getting a potential starting tackle could make the Texans' draft.

 

Round 4

Matt's Pick: Jake Bequette OLB, Arkansas

Nate's Vote: BUY

I like Demario Davis as an inside backer, but he might not be right for the Texans' scheme. Bequette is a player I like, and he could become an effective pass-rusher.

 

Round 5

Matt's Pick: Brian Linthicum TE, MSU

Nate's Vote: BUY

I had Kevin Koger here, but Linthicum is healthier. It's really splitting hairs. We both had the same idea.

 

Round 6

Matt's Pick: Vick Ballard RB, Mississippi

Nate's Vote: BUY

Ballard would be tremendous value. I'm not sure how much the Texans need another running back, but this would be a great value to get in the seventh.

 

Round 7

Matt's Pick: Brandon Hardin FS, Oregon State

Nate's Vote: BUY

You can never go wrong by picking up players in the secondary late in the draft. I can't imagine Hardin falling this late in the draft, but if he does then the Texans would be nuts not to take him.

 

BUY or SELL Matt Miller's Draft for the Texans:

I'm buying this all the way. I think if the Texans came away with this draft, they'd be very happy. Miller and I thought along the same lines in several rounds and my only complaint is in the second. Overall, this would be a home run draft for the Texans and leave fans happy in Houston.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1157315-houston-texans-mock-draft-buying-and-selling-matt-millers-picks

Kevin Russo Curtis Granderson Nick Johnson Javier Lopez Alex Hinshaw Ramon Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment